Friday, June 17, 2011

Curse you construction!

Ok so yesterday. I went to the archaeology field with my dad again. This time I was just driving him, so I would drop him off in one place and pick him up at another. Since I slept on the way there while he drove, I decided to drive home. Worst experience of my life! There was some of the worst construction I've ever been through. They set up cones to divide lanes, and the cones were so ridiculously close together I was terrified I was going to hit them. My dad didn't let me go slower than 45 mph, and the people behind me were practically tailgating. I was praying for it to be a short construction area, but it sure wasn't. It was about 8 miles long. It wasn't a regular highway either. It was the kind that has sharp turns and hills, and so I didn't relax. At all. I was white knuckled basically the whole time, near hyperventilation. To make things worse, about half way through it started to pour rain. It was one of those storms where no matter how fast you have your wipers going, you still can't see. I almost hit a worker, because the idiot walked into our lane. By the time we finally got out of the construction, I had probably lost 5 years of life because I was so stressed. My dad made me get a drink at a gas station, but he must be on crack because that didn't help at all. It was terrifying. On a happier note, I survived. I know, the world would miss me terribly if i died.

No comments:

Post a Comment